Monday, July 1, 2013

An Introduction

This summer I went on a study abroad trip to London and Paris. The goals of the class were to view and learn about artworks and architecture; with an underlying theme of art in the time of war. My personal goals extended from those including receiving inspiration from the artwork, to set goals for my own art based on what I saw in the museums and landmarks we visited, and through evaluation find what I liked (or disliked) about the artworks to then incorporate (or not) into my own art. I am now writing this academic blog where I hope to recap and evaluate the history, known meanings, and stylistic choices of certain artworks and architecture in London and Paris, with a secondary theme of emotions I felt were conveyed. To clarify, although I may feel a specific emotion is conveyed, that does not mean that is the only emotion that could be felt and I urge the reader to come to their own conclusions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment